Are You Ready to Buy your first home?
Buying your FIRST home can be exciting and overwhelming at the same time.
Your FIRST home will likely be the biggest investment you will ever make, so make sure you choose a REALTOR® that has your best interests at the forefront.
what is the process? why choose me?
- It won't cost you! Fees are typically paid out by the seller who listed their property.
Tell me your wish list for your dream home by filling in the form below and I will do the searching for you. I can set up an automatic property search and you will be notified via email of new listings coming on the market and price changes - all at your fingertips! No stress, no hassle on your end.
- Once you set eyes on a few homes, we will go check it out. We need to confirm if the photos or virtual tour match what's there in real life! Expect to tour at least 10 homes before finding your dream home.
- Once you have found your dream home, I will provide you with a history of the home and comparable properties to assist you in making an informed decision. Any factors that will influence the future salability of the property will be brought to your attention prior to putting in a written offer.
Once you have decided on an offer price, next comes the negotiating! This process can be overwhelming, but I will assist you through this process.
- Next is the condition date, where conditions subject to the offer need to be fulfilled and conditions to be removed. Examples of conditions: financing, property inspection, obtaining home insurance, etc.
Visit your lawyer's office to complete the final paperwork. You're on your own for this one!
- Get your new keychain ready for your set of new keys to your dream home! On possession day, I will pick up your keys and get your dream started!
I will make your first time buying a home as stress-free as I can. I will guide you through the process and strive to make the transition as smooth as possible!
how can you prepare?
- Make an appointment with your bank and apply for mortgage financing. Basically, find out exactly how much you can afford, which will determine which price ranges to look at. Getting mortgage pre-approval will save you time and leave you with no disappointment in the search for your dream home!
Note: your pre-approved mortgage amount and interest rate will be dependent on many factors such as: your income, your down payment, current debt, and credit rating.
- Remember to calculate your total monthly housing cost. This cost includes property taxes, homeowners insurance, utilities, condo fees (if applicable).
Don't forget about other costs upon closing, such as: legal costs ($1000-$1500), legal disbursements, home insurance, etc..
- Now that the financial piece is out of the way, start thinking about which neighborhood in Edmonton or surrounding Edmonton areas you would like to call home. Also, what are the requirements in your dream home? 3 bedrooms? 2 bathrooms? Parking? Proximity to amenities?